The users can use formula bar to edit the formulas or other information provided in the current cell by selecting the data in the formula box with the mouse. The users can use this for customizing the ranges for chat data series which are highlighted and selected in Microsoft Excel.
Place the mouse cursor next to the end of the formula box till it starts modifying in the upright, “two-headed arrow.”
• Click and hold the left-hand mouse button and go down for expanding the formula box.
• Additionally, you can use the keyboard shortcut to expand the formula box that is:
- Ctrl+ Shift +U
You have to click and leave keys mentioned above together, and start holding down the Ctrl + Shift and after that, click on the U key. In case you wish to return to the recent size which is of the formula box, then click on the corresponding keys for a few seconds.
How to Wrap Text on Multiple Lines in Excel?
Once you have gone through the expanding process of the formula box in Microsoft Excel, then the further steps you take are to wrap text on multiple lines in Excel. Tap for placing a cursor into the formula box and after that, click on the Alternate key and Enter key together on the system keyboard.
How to Show or Hide Formula Bar in Excel?
• On Microsoft Excel, you have to tap on the “View” button of the Excel ribbon.
• On Google Sheets, tap on the “View” drop-down menu button.
• On Microsoft Excel, you have to “Select or deselect” the option of “Formula box.”
• On Google Sheets: In case the option of Formula box already has a tick on it, then this means it is showing on the screen, and in case there is no tick on it, then this means it is hidden.
• You have to tap on the “Formula box” button and for adding or removing the bookmark.
• Now, the formula box starts showing on the screen after selecting the tick option.
How to Lock and Hide Formulas in Excel?
• Choose the “Range of cells” including the formulas you wish to invisible.
• Tap on the “Format” button for opening the pull-down menu provided on the “Home” window of the Excel ribbon.
• Tap on the “Format Cells” option for opening the “Format Cells” pop-up box located in the drop-down menu.
• Tap on the “Protection” window located in the pop-up box.
• Choose the “Hidden” option.
• After that, tap on the “OK” button for applying the changes and shut down the pop-up box from the screen.
How to Turn On the Worksheet protection?
• Press on the “Format” button for opening the pull-down menu located on the “Home” window of the Excel ribbon.
• Tap on the “Protection Sheet” located at the end of the pull-down list for opening the “Protect Sheet” pop-up box.
• Select or deselect the preferred options.
• After that, tap on the “OK” button for applying the changes and shut down the pop-up box.
Richard Smith is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Richard has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.