While using the Microsoft Edge on Windows 10, you encounter a stop error which says; INVALID_POINTER_READ_c0000005 (atidxx64.dll). This indicates that there is issue with your outdated Graphic driver. Recently Microsoft has been accepted that this error usually occurs with the Windows 10v1809, Windows Server 2019, and Windows server version 1809.
Before starting the process, just make sure you have created a restore point. If in case something goes wrong then it will protect your data. Also, follow the steps in a given sequence to avoid trouble and damages. There are various ways to fix this error and here we will discuss the few best methods. Here how to fix it:
Method-: Update the Graphic Card Driver
- Firstly, reboot the computer system into Safe Mode.
- After that, press the Windows + R keys together to open the Run command box.
- Under the Run search box, copy and paste devmgmt.msc command and hit the Enter key to open the “Device Manager.”
- Now, right-click on each entry appears under the “Display Adapters.”
- Click on the “Uninstall Device” option located in the menu.
- Once finished, restart your computer system to save all changes.
- Finally, navigate to the Settings tab just to check for the Updates available in the Windows Update section.
Once finished, this will successfully disable the AMD drivers so that you unable to find it.
Peter Jhon is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Peter Jhon has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.