Representing your data in a productive and informative way has become an important factor in any business or institute. Whether it is the data in reports, projects or assignments all need to be precise and clear in the way you want to present the information to others. To be more efficient in presenting the data, people use Microsoft Office in their respective devices.
Microsoft office offers you a variety of applications to perform different productive tasks. To install Microsoft Office suite you can visit the URL office.com/setup.
It is necessary to activate Microsoft Office to stabilize your workload. However, if your Office activation fails, you will see a message on-screen- ‘Unlicensed Product’ and most features of Office are disabled. In order to restore the Office features, you need to resolve the specific issue that is causing a failure in activation.
Steps to fix unidentified product error
- You have to sign in with a genuine account.
Try to sign in using your personal email id, if you have bought MS Office using a non-identical email. If you have signed in from a different account then you will not be able to activate MS Office.
- You have to check for multiple copies of MS Office installed on your device.
In case, you have multiple copies of MS Office installed on your device then the activation process will collapse. You should uninstall any MS Office version before proceeding to troubleshoot steps. To uninstall-
- Open the Control Panel and uninstall the program.
- Search for the Word Office, visible in the Search Programs and Features box.
- Wait for the uninstall process to finish and then restart your computer.
- Open and sign in to Office application.
- If MS Office is still not active then try running ‘Repair an Office application’ tool to fix the activation error.
- Crosscheck your MS Office subscription status.
If you have pre-installed Office for the home subscription then you have to make sure that the subscription is still active. You can look out for your active subscriptions by following steps mentioned below-
- Close all the active Office applications.
- Visit the ‘Services and subscription’ page.
- Select and enter your Microsoft account credentials linked with your Office subscription.
- You have to review the details beneath the ‘Subscriptions’ heading.
- In case, your MS Office subscription has expired you can renew the subscription by following the steps mentioned on office.com/setup.
- After renewing MS Office subscription, restart your Office application.
- Finally, fix the MS Office activation.
- On the MS Office window, select the ‘Download’ button.
- Now select the browser you are working on from the drop-down list to follow the steps for saving and launching the troubleshooter.
- If you are still unable to activate MS Office then you can rectify the Unlicensed Product errors by yourself.